Hand in hand we journey together with Jesus by our side
• Deputy Headteacher Our Lady & St Edward’s Catholic Primary School
Full Time • Leadership • £50,476 – £55,600 • Required: 1 January 2018
Closing Date: 25 September 2017 • Please Quote: E3220201
Due to the successful appointment of our current Deputy Head to Headship the Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational and committed Catholic to the post of Deputy Head Teacher to join our outstanding school. The successful candidate will work with the Head Teacher, staff and Governors to lead and develop this National Support School on the next stage of its journey as a Teaching School.
• Judged by OFSTED to be ‘Outstanding’ in 2010
• Designated as National Support School in 2011
• Pre-school ‘Outstanding’’ in all areas in 2016
• S48 ‘Outstanding’ in all areas 2016
• Awarded Teaching School Status in 2017
• Consistently exceeds national averages for attainment in KS2
• Non-teaching Deputy
• A Christ centred school with supportive staff, parents and governors in a thriving community
• A school which exhibits very high standards in all areas of pupil achievement supported by a dynamic Catholic ethos, with Gospel values at its heart, which permeates all aspects of school life
• Dedicated, talented and professional team
• Supportive and experienced Governing Body totally committed to the continued development of the school community.
• Well behaved children who enjoy coming to school and are keen to learn
• An exceptionally welcoming ethos and an outstanding sense of community through our close partnerships with families, the parish and other community groups
• Excellent opportunities for continuing professional development through National Support School and Teaching School designations
We are looking for a strong, dynamic and inspirational leader who:
• Promotes high expectations and will help our children to thrive in a culture that builds resilience and have a positive attitude to learning
• Believes that only the very best is good enough
• Is an outstanding classroom practitioner who motivates and inspires children and staff
• Is creative, forward thinking and skilled in leading and managing areas of school development
• Can calmly and confidently deputise for the Head Teacher
• Take a strategic lead role in curriculum development, teaching and learning
• Will develop the respectful and inclusive ethos of our school
We warmly encourage applicants to visit our school. Visits will be available on the 20th September & 21st September. Please contact school to arrange an appointment.
Closing date is Monday 25th September at 12pm. Shortlisitng will take place on the afternoon of Monday 25th September 2017.
Tasks will be held on Thursday 28th September 2017, interviews on Friday 29th September 2017.
Application must be made on the CES senior leadership application form. Application packs are available on our school website.
Our Lady and St. Edward’s Catholic Primary School is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Level CRB check.
Ms E McGunigall, Our Lady & St Edward’s Catholic Primary School, Price Street, Birkenhead, Wirral CH41 8DU. Tel: 0151 652 3366.
For the above posts apply online at www.wirral.gov.uk/jobs