Year 1 - Key Knowledge
- The United Kingdom is made up of four countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The capital cities are London, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Belfast.
- The River Mersey is near my school.
- The River Seven is the longest river in the UK it is 220 miles.
- The River Thames is the second longest at 215 miles.
- Our school is located in Birkenhead on the Wirral Peninsular and our county is Merseyside.
- There are four seasons and weather patterns are important when choosing clothing and activities,
- The four points of a compass: North, South, East and West.
- Physical features are the natural features of the Earth’s surface.
- Human features are man-made.