Year 2 - Key Progression
- Name locate and identify the characteristics of the following countries in Europe and their capital cities: The of Republic of Ireland, France, Germany, Spain and Italy.
- Name and locate the world’s seven continents and five oceans.
- Identify the similarities and difference between Barrier Island, USA and Wirral.
Human and Physical Geography
- Know the seasonal and daily weather patterns in hot and cold countries of the world.
- Record daily weather and explore patterns in weather over time for Wirral and Barrier Island.
- Use human geographical vocabulary city, town, village, factory, farm, house, office, port, harbour, shop,
- Use physical geographical vocabulary accurately including beach, cliff, coast, forest, hill, mountain sea, river, soil, valley, vegetation, ocean, season and weather.
Geographical Skills and Fieldwork (The early settlement of Birkenhead, The Priory and Eastham Ferry)
- Use the four points of a compass: North, South, East and West.
- Use directional and locational language e.g. near, far, left, right
- To know the human and physical features of The Village of Port Sunlight, using observations, photographs, plans, maps, atlases, aerial photographs
- Focus study on The Early settlement of Birkenhead and how it has changed over time.