Year 3 - Key Knowledge
- Lines of latitude run parallel to the equator
- Lines of longitude run down the Earth from pole to pole.
- Wirral is a Peninsular and is surrounded by the River Dee, the River Mersey and the Irish Sea.
- Rural places are located outside of towns and cities. They typically have low populations
- Urban areas are human settlements with high populations. They are mostly towns and cities
- London, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, Newcastle, Sheffield, Liverpool and Leeds are cities in the United Kingdom.
- The longest river in Scotland is the River Tay it is 117 miles long.
- The five longest rivers in England are: River Severn, River Thames, River Trent, The Great Ouse and River Wye. (River Wye and River Severn also run through Wales)
- The Cairngorms, Cheviot Hills, Pennines, Clwydian Range and Brecon Beacons are mountain ranges in the United Kingdom.
- The Irish Sea, Atlantic Ocean, North Sea and the English Channel all border the United Kingdom.
- Egypt is a country in Northern Africa its capital is Cairo.
- The river Nile is the longest river in the world.