Year 3 - Key Progression
- Name and locate counties and cities of the UK identifying human and physical characteristics including hills, mountains, coasts rivers, land use patterns over time and the use of natural resources.
- Egypt is located in northern Africa, and is in both the eastern and northern hemispheres. The Tropic of Cancer runs through the bottom half of the country.
- The Wirral Peninsula with a focus on Parkgate, Thurstaston and the rive Dee
- Egypt, North Africa and the River Nile.
Human and Physical Geography
- Climate zones, rivers, mountains, biomes and vegetation belts in the UK and Egypt
- Types of settlement and land use, economic activity and distribution of natural resources in the United Kingdom.
Geographical Skills and Fieldwork (Wirral Peninsula)
- To use maps, atlases, globes, aerial photographs to locate key features in Wirral.
- Focus study on the Wirral Peninsular and the River Dee.
- Use ordinance survey maps and four figure grid references.