Year 5 - Key Knowledge
- The Arctic and Antarctic are two of the most extreme regions of our planet.
- Mount Everest is the highest mountain in the world it is in the Himalayas.
- The Sahara Desert is the largest desert in the world and is located in Africa.
- England is made up of 48 counties.
- The countries of the former British Empire included India, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.
- There are 53 members of the Commonwealth including, South Africa, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and India.
- Greece is in Europe its capital city is Athens. It has a long coastline and a number of islands.
- Birkenhead Town Hall has the courts, the council chambers and the registry office. It is situated in Hamilton Square.
- The Greenwich meridian is an imaginary line that separates East from West on the Earth.